So, you do what you can to try to cut cost of electric down. We set the thermostat as low as we can in the winter and run the ceiling fans for better circulation.
Some ways to reduce electric cost include:
1. Turn down the temperature on your water heater
2. Turn down your thermostat (or up during the summer)
3. Unplug items when not in use (power leaches even when an item is off)
You can also evaluate your windows, put rolled up door stops under entryways and more. – Of course my favorite is a programmable thermostat!
- Think About The Hidden Costs in Your Home (dfconsultants.wordpress.com)
- Energy Savers: Install A Programmable Thermostat For Better Savings (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Energy Efficiency: Cheapest Power Around, but Getting More Expensive (greentechmedia.c